I measured carefully and cut several papers to size, ending up with rather randomly sized papers (I have to replace my ruler, as many of its measuring lines have vanished with age). I did the background pull, in light green, while listening to slowgerman.com and the Balkan Brass Band. Then I cut away some of the linoleum, reducing the printing surface a bit, and did a second pull in darker green. I like the organic look of it, but you can't really tell how it's going to turn out until the end.
Next comes the body of the newt. It, too will be a reduction print. I'm almost ready to do the first color, a rather shocking orange that will be overprinted with a modulating brown.
Leave a Reply.